Saturday 18 May 2013

Week 2 Blog Assignment - EDUC - 6162 - 3
My Personal Research Journey
Joanne E. Lynch
Saturday 18th May, 2013.



     The subtopic I will be focusing on for my Research Simulation is: "The effect of diversity (positive or negative) on young children and families in early childhood education." The reason for my choice is that, as society matures into more linguistically and culturally diversity, and the controversy of bilingual education has changed into further legislatively transfiguration, early childhood educators have the reliability to comprehend how foremost to meet children's demands and how to supply effective early childhood education for all children.
     Consequently, as an early childhood educator, I have been faced with difficulties when dealing with children who are of differing kind (diverse), due to not being competently prepared to work with them. However, I have the accountability to respect these children and families. Additionally, the expansion in racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity is mirrored in innumerable early childhood classrooms, and the diverse configuration of early childhood classrooms convey numerous confrontations, as well as countless possibilities to educators.
     Undoubtedly, everyone is a consumer of research in almost every aspect of his or her everyday life (Drew & Hardman (1985). Therefore, the research chart produces new knowledge, and this in turn presents the possibility to become aware of unfamiliar preferences. Likewise, in this course, I am constantly engaged in learning new things, which add volume to my already acquired knowledge, to clarify doubts, and prepare ways and means for me to facilitate productive prediction and possible prevention modes.
     Certainly, I do gather fresh information from my colleagues weekly. Nevertheless, if there is any insight that my colleagues can assist me with, during this process/ or with this course, I will be appreciative of it. We will continue with sharing information with each other, because each are has to teach one, since that is the way it should be.







References
Pearson, C. (2000). Diversity in the early childhood classroom. Retrieved from
http://www.fountainmagazine.com/Issue/detail/Diversity-in-the-Early-Childhood-Clasroom

Research methods for educational administration (2000). Bridgetown, Barbados: The University of the West Indies.

1 comment:

  1. Joanne,
    I am looking forward to your research on this topic. I like how you stated that you have faced difficulties when dealing with children who are of differing kinds.I know exactly what you mean when cultural diversity is mirrored in innumerable early childhood classrooms.

    Every time I observed or asked an early childhood educator what they find to be challenging in the classroom, they always mentioned the cultural diversity and not enough trainings to help them. I am looking forward to your research. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete