Saturday 22 December 2012

A Quote about Children

Week 8 Blog Assignment
A Quote about Children
 
No one thought of keeping a picture of a child had either lived or grow to manhood, or had died in infancy. In the first case, childhood was simply an unimportant phase of which there was no need to keep any record. In the second case, that the little things that had disappeared so soon in life was not worthy of remembrance (Aries, 1976. p.36).
 
Reference
 
Haralambos, M., &Holborn, M. (2008). Haralambos & Holborn Sociology themes and perspectives. Hammersmith, London: Collin Publishers Limited.

4 comments:

  1. I want to thank you for all your support for me that you have showed during the past couple of classes that we have taken together. I wish you the best and I look forward to learning with you again soon. Happy holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lindsey. I do hope we will be put into the same group next semester. I enjoyed working with all of my colleagues, whom I have learnt a lot from. I wish you all the best for the Christmas season, and have a blessed 2013.
      Joanne.

      Delete
  2. Joanne, it has been a pleasure reading your postings through out the course. Thank you for sharing your insights with the group! I wish you continued success in your journey. -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karasmussen, I just want to thank you for your kind words. I wish you all the best for the season, and the remaining semesters. It was a pleasure working with my colleagues in Group 2.
      Joanne

      Delete