Saturday 6 October 2012

Week Five Course Materials

Part 1: Position Statements and Influential Practices
Part 2: Global Support for Children's Rights and Well-Being
Note: Explore the resources in Parts 3 and 4 in preparation for this week's Application assignment.
Part 3: Selected Early Childhood Organizations
Part 4: Selected Professional Journals Available in the Walden Library
Tip: Use the A-to-Z e-journal list to search for specific journal titles. (Go to "How Do I...?", select "Tips for Specific Formats and Resources," and then "e-journals" to find this search interface.)
  • YC Young Children
  • Childhood
  • Journal of Child & Family Studies
  • Child Study Journal
  • Multicultural Education
  • Early Childhood Education Journal
  • Journal of Early Childhood Research
  • International Journal of Early Childhood
  • Early Childhood Research Quarterly
  • Developmental Psychology
  • Social Studies
  • Maternal & Child Health Journal
  • International Journal of Early Years Education 

Three additional resources related to young children, families, and the field of early childhood are:

(1). Gordon, A. M., & Browne, K. W. (2011). Beginnings and Beyond: Foundations in Early Childhood Education. Belmont, CA. Wadsworth.
(2). Jackman,, H. L. (2009). Early Education Curriculum: A Child's Connection to the World. Clifton Park, N. Y: Delmar.
(3). Smith, J. T. (2010). Early Childhood Development: A Multicultral Perspective. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson.

8 comments:

  1. Beginnings and Beyond: Foundations in Early Childhood has been a useful source of information. It provides a very good overview of early childhood education giving practical examples and is easy to understand. The book gives valuable information based on the latest research on Developmentally Appropriate Practice. I especially like that it provides where the NAEYC standards for professional preparation can be found in the text.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Druesilla, thanks for your comment.
      Joanne

      Delete
  2. Hi Joanne,
    I like all your resources as they have all become great resources for me and my teaching at the college. Would you mind if I included them in my additional section as well? I want to keep everything together and I think adding them to my web would be the best way for me to keep them organized and where I know they are.

    Thanks for sharing! This is such a great idea to share these resources. We will have many to take with us.

    Denise:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise. It is no problem to take what you want,because we are all educators, and do not have, neither know everything. Therefore, we must share with our colleagues.
      Joanne

      Delete
  3. You have some wonderful resources and they are really helpful. There are thousands of resources that you can use about caring for children. I have found many websites that help me plan my curriculum and activities for the children to be engaged in during class time. It is good sometimes to get other peoples opinions because then you can get different perspective. Different teachers do things different ways and then maybe their ways can be adapted to what you do as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey, I must say that I have learnt a lot from you over these few weeks. Thanks very much.
      Joanne

      Delete
  4. Joanne,

    Thank you for adding our blogs to your blog and for sharing your resources. I will add them to my arsenal.

    Annie P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Annie. You have some interesting ones too.
    Joanne.

    ReplyDelete