Thursday 6 September 2012

Destine To Win

I am Mrs. Joanne Lynch, a graduate teacher who holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Educational Administration. During my teaching career, I have taught at two different primary schools, where I spent six years at the first school, and, thirty years at the second school. Due to my long tenure at the latter school, I had the opportunity to teach at various levels, from the lowest grade (kindergarten) to the highest grade (Grade 6). In particular, I spent seventeen years (17) teaching Grade 2 students. Furthermore, it was at this school I have gained most of my teaching experience. My passion for children has motivated me to pursue my Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, with interests to continue adding value to my students’ lives, and, the teaching staff at my school, positively influence and enhance the teaching services’ image, as well as, ensure that all objectives are met. Likewise, I will necessitate changes in classroom instructions, and promote growth in students’ learning. My challenges in the system were many but I persevered. I continued to exhibit qualities such as honesty, self-discipline, loyalty, fairness, persistence, determination, dedication, and respect. All these attributes have contributed to being the successful teacher I am today.


Undoubtedly, learning is a life-long pursuit, and as an educator, I need to be continuously educated, so, I have joined the online learning community, where I can work at my own pace, and increase my interaction, as it facilitates team learning. On the other hand, I am not familiar with all the aspects of technology used for online learning which will pose some difficulties when it comes to maneuvering the computer.

4 comments:

  1. That was one of the main reason I joined the online community as well,to be able to work at my own pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne,
    I like how you stated that learning is a lifelong pursuit. That is definitely true particularly in the profession we are in. I cannot imagine not learning something new either on my own, through my students, or through our learning peers online. I love to keep up to date on the newest and best things out there in education. And I love to share this with others and hear what they have learned and want to share as well. It is such a great opportunity for us all!
    Denise:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne,

    Your longevity is attributed to your obvious love of teaching and learning. I can see you supporting your colleagues in our Blog assignments from your professional experience, your love of learning and your commitment to achievement.

    Dr Longo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colleagues,
    I do appreciate your positive comments. Let us keep on working as a group.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete