Friday 22 August 2014



Week 8 Blog Assignment
Time Well Spent
Saturday 23rd August, 2014
                As I become more professional in my outlook, early childhood training has changed into an ongoing part of my career life. I am well grounded in best practices in direct care and education program of young children. A commitment to professionalism has been maintained by continually assessing my performance, learning about preschool children, and applying a professional code of ethics at all times.

Three deeply felt learnings from this program
               (1). I have learned and hone leadership and organizational skills as I worked through my capstone project. It has prepared me to successfully complete the project and has made me professionalize myself in terms of my career in the field of early childhood.
               (2). The program has encouraged me to think critically, solve challenging problems, and develop skills such as oral communication, research skills, team-work, planning, self-sufficiency, and setting long-term goals – which is skills that will assist me in my career.
               (3). It is pivotal that the early childhood centers and programs provide clear guidelines and a climate of flexibility and understanding, in which independent thinking can thrive, and in which children can develop values that they themselves consider relevant for the life they envisage.

One Long-Term Goal
There should be continuous two-way communication between parents and teachers. Teacher must turn parent-involvement effort into reciprocal process in which they are not the only ones speaking and telling their story. Parents also need to communicate with teachers about how their children are doing and what is happening in the family that may affect their children. This does not mean that teachers should pry into family matters.
Farewell Message to My Instructor
               My instructor Dr. Ernst, I have come to the end of my program, but the knowledge you have imparted to me has been engraved in my mind forever, and I just want to thank you as I bid you farewell.
Farewell to My Colleagues
               It is always difficult to say goodbye. Over the long eight weeks of studies we spent together, we became more than just colleagues – but friends. We were helpful colleagues who assisted each other, by imparting our knowledge and information to one another. George Eliot has posited that – only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love.


 
Images That Reflect My Experience and Learning in the Program






A Wordle That Illustrate My Experience/Learning in the MS ECS Program



Favorite Quotes
(1)    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world (Nelson Mandela).
(2)    He who opens a school door, closes a person (Victor Hugo).
(3)    We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today (Stacia Tauscher).
I can be contacted at: erinakk@yahoo.com.



              

No comments:

Post a Comment