Saturday 12 July 2014

Week 2 Blog Assignment
Exploring Roles in the ECE Community: Local and State Levels
Walden University
Saturday 12th   July, 2014.

           Communities of practice are groups of people who share responsibility or enthusiasm for something they do and learn how to do it better as they interact habitually. Undoubtedly, the following are three communities of practice that are appealing to me: 1). Early Childhood Australia, which is a non-profit organization that boosts and works towards what is best for children and the Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) Sector. However, my interest in the job opportunities of the organization lies in becoming a leading early childhood publisher, so that I can recognize and upgrade the best practice in early childhood. Certainly, I will have to acquire more skills and experiences in developing and advocating policies and procedures on early childhood education and care (http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/).
           2). I will like to be part of the Foundation Early Childhood Reading Grants, because it funds programs to foster a love of reading, and motivate young children to read together with their parents. Annually, the store grants assists K-12 schools and non-profit organizations while group members offer their services and expertise and collaborate with like-minded organizations to build stronger, safer, and healthier communities. Moreover, Target Foundation Early Childhood Reading Grants has a long history of sustaining the communities where it functions, by giving five percent of its income. Likewise, the job opportunities are interested to me, since I will be able to ensure that the children and schools have the encouragement they need to produce results. This means that, I will have to gain good active communicative and professional skills, as well as, the capability to be sociable, versatile, and adjustable (https://corporate.target.com/corporate-responsibility/grants/early-childhood-reading-grants)

                3). The Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) is the third communities of practice that is attractive to me. For instance, it maintains quality, manageable, and attainable early childhood education that benefits adults in taking steps in the direction of economic independence, and supplies children with culturally responsive developmentally relevant actions that empower them to achieve success in school and life. Nonetheless, in this organization, the job opportunities that are fascinating to me are in the areas of providing for children and their families in conquering the hurdles, and, expressing their regards about the availability of standard early education. After all, for this to be realized, successful supervisory and problem-solving skills, as well as, skills of vigorous listening and responding, hence, initiating collaborative partnership in the regards of children and families.
 
                                                            YWCA Child Care Centres



3 comments:

  1. Joanne,

    Great choices. I have looked at the Early Childhood Australia on many occasions. I am surprised I didn't think about working for the organization. It would be great. Australia is a country I have always wanted to visit and if I did not have young children I could probably see myself moving there with my husband. In all the research I have completed over the past couple of years it seems as though I have cited Australia more than once.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne, thank you for sharing your choice or organizations that interest you. The foundation for early childhood reading is similar to an organization in my state entitled Raising a Reader. This program is so important to early childhood education and prekindergarten programs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Joanne: Something that caught my eye was that you would love to work on a Reading Grant organization for Early Childhood. As a teacher, one of my passion is bringing that literacy aspect to the classroom ans their families. I think is so important to pass on the knowledge to our parents about the importance of reading to our children every day.

    ReplyDelete